The most common questions I am asked at IHH’s Spa Night is always about my skincare routine and so I am guessing there are many others of you that are perhaps too shy to ask. My routine isn’t very sophisticated but now that I have entered into my 50th year I have added a few more supports to my arsenal…lol!
- Of course you need to nourish your body from the inside, so I eat right and ensure that I take my doTERRA Life Long Vitality Pack twice a day for the vitamins and omegas.
- Hydration is key, however sometimes drinking water (and specifically reverse osmosis) alone can be counter-productive as it can decrease the osmolality (concentration of ions) in the extracellular fluid actually causing dehydration. For rehydration, I add 15 drops of Physica Energetics RHD Milieu to every 1L of water I drink (always from a glass bottle).
- Cortisol, our stress hormone is a catabolic hormone, which means its breaks down everything from skin cells to bone, brain and muscle cells. I work very hard to achieve balance in all that I do…something I have had to learn and practise, as historically I was not so good at this. You may see me joining you in the IV suite periodically as I routinely have an IV every 4-6 weeks regardless of how I feel as this is part of my maintenance routine. I haven’t ever felt better in my life than I have in the last 8 years. Click here to learn more.
- Sex hormone balance…yep just like so many of you, I too have had to compensate for my age and some not-so-good genetics. Although this next trick won’t apply to all of you, you can ask me at your next visit if you can do this too. I apply a very small portion of my daily dose of estrogen cream to the fine lines around my eyes to plump up the tissue. This can be done for the fine lines on the upper lip as well.
DAILY SKIN ROUTINE:
- Just before I get in the shower each morning, I apply 1/2 tsp (3-4pumps) of ElaSpa’s Bamboo Exfoliator to dry skin and I gently scrub my face and neck. I then rinse my skin while in the shower.
- On a freshly dried face and neck skin, I apply 2 pumps of doTERRA’s Verage Immortelle Hydrating serum. It leaves my skin feeling well hydrated and yet not greasy.
- Immediately after the serum I apply doTERRA Hydrating Cream (with Frankincence, Lavender, Geranium and Jasmine) along with 1 pump of Elaspa’s hyaluronic acid 2 in 1 serum. Both of these products help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Most days I apply Monat’s Eye Wonder eyelash serum to the base of my eyelashes for strength and length. I also use Monat’s shampoo and conditioner daily (which is another product line that I cannot say enough about). Click here to learn more.
- I apply only BeautyCounter cosmetics as they perform like a luxury cosmetic line but are free of 1500 known or suspected toxic ingredients– eyeliner, mascara, blush and lipstick.
- For my body I apply Dessert Essence Jojoba Oil as it is perfectly pH balanced with our skin.
- A good natural deodorant is hard to find….but we found one! NATIVE deodorants smell good…meaning so do you! Even works on men! Lol! Click here for more information.WEEKLY SKIN ROUTINE:Every weekend when I have a bit more time I add an extra step to both my skin and hair routine.
- Before I enter the shower I apply Elaspa’s Rejuvenating Stem Cell Mask to the clean and dry skin of my face, neck and décolleté. 10-20 minutes later I rinse it off in the shower and carry on with my daily skin care regimen.
- For my weekend hair routine I substitute my Monat Conditioner with Monat’s Hydrating Hair Mask which stays on for 5 minutes before rinsing.
- Once a week I use my DermaRoller to gain the benefits of a DIY collagen induction therapy from home (on clean and dry skin of course). The fine needles are gently rolled across my face, neck and décolleté in 3 different directions. The resultant micro-injuries stimulate the body to heal itself, encouraging the production of elastin and collagen in the process. The key here is to keep it simple! Afterward I apply Elaspa’s Hyaluronic Acid 2 in 1 I let my body take it from there!SKIN TREATMENTS:For those of you who have not yet met Dr. Mariem ND, I would very much like to introduce you to IHH’s skin guru. Dr. Mariem practises as a naturopathic doctor but also is a medical doctor. She heads up our Natural Aesthetics Division. Dr. Mariem has introduced me to some cutting edge technology that fits my philosophy on healing…help the body to heal itself. This principal can be applied to skin healing too!So my adventure has begun into the aesthetics world and I am already seeing the difference in skin tightness, evenness in skin tone, improved skin texture and a lessening of the fine lines around my eyes and even the ‘angry crease’ between my eyebrows looks less severe! What is Dr. Mariem doing for me.
1. Collagen Induction Therapy is a treatment where through micro-injury to the skin the body is stimulated to rejuvenate itself and call in the collagen and elastin, filling in those fine and not so fine lines.
2. Elapromed Anti-aging Face and Eye Treatments uses cutting edge technology that drives natural serums deep into the dermis (about 1cm) plumping up the skin, as well as brightening and evening skin tone. There are many serums that can be used and tailored to your skin needs including acne, rosacea, cellulite and more.
Sign up for interesting and useful information on hormonal health.